I’ve won an award! I don’t have a trophy or certificate, but it sure does boost your confidence to know someone finds your blog worth something. The Kreativ Blogger and Versatile Blogger Award is nominated from your fellow bloggers for being one or both of these things. An ability for a blogger to interest his/her readers constantly with fun, new subjects is a difficult task. So, when Wantoncreation nominated me, I was thrilled to find out what to do next. The rules are simple: you nominate blogs you find fall under these two categories and the blogger must give you ten random facts about him/herself. Seems like an easy award, right?
Here are my ten random facts about me 🙂
1) I hit my head pretty much every single day- No matter how safe I am or what I’m doing I will always hit my head. It’s inevitable. Most of my friends think I should have a helmet just to protect myself from….myself!
2) I snort REALLY LOUD when I laugh-Some people may cackle, wheeze, or chuckle. I snort, a lot. It may seem embarrassing to most people, but I enjoy my snorting. It has allowed other to enjoy my laughter even more than the joke that started it all. Plus, if I can be the comedic relief it makes me feel better.
3) I’m addicted to Ramen noodles-As a college staple, you would think I would be sick of it by now. But I LOVE IT! Chicken, mostly, but I’m not picky when it comes to my cravings. Although I know that it’s not same as you would find in its country of origin, it’s my comfort food. It may be bad for me when I could make food that tastes so much better, but nothing beats a bowl of roast chicken ramen noodles.
4) I broke my leg/ankle for the first time–snow tubing-Yes, I broke my leg snow tubing. For those of you who don’t have snow on a regular basis, you ride a giant rubber donut (inner tube) down the snowy slopes. Instead of riding the lazy river in one of these, I went with a bunch of friends to ride on the snow. Well, I was with a bunch of boys and they were running and jumping as they slid down the hill. Being the big lady in town, I thought I could do the same. I couldn’t. I proceeded to run, and when I jumped on the inner tube it bounced back!
I flew in the air doing a somersault, landing first on my head, and flailing like a ragdoll until I finally rested on the ground. Straight out of America’s Funniest Home Videos, my friends laughed hysterically. I laid on the cold ground writhing in pain as my lovely “friends” made jokes. They said that my makeup made a face print in the snow and that they should have recorded it. As I attempted to stand, I tried to laugh. They became serious when I told them I couldn’t stand, claiming they heard a loud crack and thought I had broken my neck. The following evening was full of fear and regret. I thought that it was just a sprain, walking on it for some of the night. The next day (Christmas Eve Day 2010) I found that I had not only broken my leg, but I broke off a piece of my ankle. I was lucky, though. I didn’t need surgery and managed to heal on my own. It became a legendary story for me to tell people I just met or old friends.
5) I have a lifetime goal to read (attempt to read) every work Stephen King has written-Ever since high school, I have found solace in the writing of Stephen King. Like most authors, he has struggled to make money from his writing. More importantly, he understands that writing is a way of life and if you have the gift you cannot ignore it. I was taken by his grasp of human fears and realities. He has captivated me ever since. I am determined to taste every single piece of writing he has to offer. Although I haven’t enjoyed everything (Bag of Bones) I will give every single story a shot because I have so much admiration for the man and the writer.
6) Writing is my passion, but singing is my hobby-I love to sing. Music is the way to my soul. It is different from writing because it takes the words to a whole new level. I’m not particular about the genre as long as it’s genuine. I have a special place in my heart for show tunes and musicals. The quality of the lyrics and the music is so enchanting I sing everywhere! In the shower, in the car, and even if someone else is listening to something. I have had vocal training, but I just enjoy singing for what it is. It entertains and soothes.
7) I’m also addicted to tea-My life is consumed with how much I enjoy food and eating. Tea is probably the best creation on the planet because it is the most comforting thing ever. It energizes when you need a pick me up and warms your insides when you need it. Iced tea, hot tea, loose leaf tea, I love it all! When I go to Ireland in June, I plan to bring back an insane amount of tea because I love it so much!
8) I’ve never traveled outside the country or on a plane- In a world where information can be exchanged instantly, traveling should be very easy. I wasn’t able to travel much and it upsets me to this day. Escaping into the exotic lands in books, I’ve wanted to see the world. It’s tough being limited when your imagination wanders, but I’m willing to wait. In a few months, I will take my premiere trip on a plane to the magical place of Ireland. I’m like a kid in a candy store to travel to a place so beautiful and full of history.
9) I love makeup-I may seem like a down-to-earth, low maintenance girl when you meet me, but I have a Barbie inside me. I love doing my makeup and making myself a different me. It may seem a little too girly for the men, but makeup gives me a chance to accentuate my best feature, my eyes.
10) Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars are my sneaker of choice-Contrary to the fact above, I love converse shoes. Not because I’m some hipster who thinks they’re cool now, but because I love the 1980s. You can’t mention the 1980s without thinking about classic Converse on the feet of every girl and boy. I love the colors, the shape, and how fun they look. I have a neon green pair, purple, orange, black, etc. They make me feel like the punk rocker I am inside and I have loved them from the beginning of my life.
So, without waiting further these are my nominations for the Kreativ Blogger and Versatile Blogger awards: