Several days ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award for the second time, and I guess it’s time I sit down and give my lovely nominators what they’re asking for. Both jdanryan and justonemonkeytyping nominated me for the award given to people with less than 200 followers. I answer 11 questions and ask 11 questions–
So, first off, thank you to my nominators for the brilliant opportunity to tell my followers and newcomers to my blog a little something about the writer/student/awesome human being known as Amanda or Amy if you like to use my username (it’s my initials).
1. If you could play any musical instrument, which would you choose? Considering I took piano lessons when I was in middle school, and gave it up to start singing lessons, I would go with that. However, I would love to try playing a flute. If only I didn’t have asthma…
2. What is your favourite city and why? My favorite city is Dublin, Ireland. My entire life, I dreamed of going to New York and exploring the wonders of the big apple. By the time I finally got to travel, Dublin opened its arms to me, I fell in love. And who wouldn’t?
3. As a child, who was your idol and why? That’s a tough one. I would say as a teenager, my idol was Alyssa Milano. Who’s the Boss and Charmed were always playing on tv at home, so I learned how to be a strong, independent young woman minus the whole witch thing.
4. What is your least favorite word and why? I wouldn’t say I have a least favorite word, but there are three in the English language that I cannot stand when people mess up. Their, There, and They’re are so easily misused by people on the internet and on paper. It bothers me, and I imagine bother a lot of other people who know it is not that difficult to get correct.
5. Your house is burning down and you have to evacuate immediately. Which three items do you take with you? Laptop, folder with story ideas, first U.K. edition of Stephen King’s Misery. (Does my boyfriend count or can he fend for himself?)
6. If you could invite anybody in the world to lunch, who would you take and why? I would love to have
7. What is your honest opinion about Harry Potter? Growing up as the books were first being published, I had the unique opportunity to get older as Harry did in the books. I developed as a young kid when Harry developed as a character/wizard. The strides J.K. Rowling has made for young adult literature inspires me to be a better writer. I enjoyed the book series as an insightful fantasy series. While others can find flaws in the subject matter and influence on young kids, the books have good morals and seek to show young adults to believe in themselves.
8. Beatles or Rolling Stones? Both bands are iconic and entertaining, but I love the raw power of the Rolling Stones as a rock band.
9. What is your favorite smell? Hmm that’s easy. Hot tea. Any flavor, any brand. The smell of hot tea is instantly soothing in addition to the warmth in my belly.
10. If you had an extra room in hour house, what would you use it for? I would use any time or space I had extra for writing. There aren’t enough hours in the day that I can devote to writing.
11. Here’s a tough one for you. If you could ask any person, living or dead, one question and get a completely honest answer, who would it be and what would you ask? This is an easy one. With the most important question any living thing could ask–I would ask Plato whether the soul is eternal, and if he was right about the soul living after the body dies. It may seem cliche, but he would be the person I would ask about that considering he’s had hundreds of years of either I told you so or nothingness.
Thank you so much for the award! I hope that the following people will enjoy this as much as I did-please look below the list for the questions the nominees must answer!
1. What was the first book you read that truly made you love writing?
2. Who is the person you go to for an honest opinion of your work?
3. If the apocalypse took place and you had one book to save before using the rest for kindling, what would it be and why?
4. Do you believe books should have ratings like video games and television?
5. Which would you choose–pen and paper, typewriter, or computer to document your creative ideas?
6. Best fall flavor–apple or pumpkin?
7. If you could be one mythical/supernatural creature, what would it be and why?
8. What time of day do you write best, how does it help to write during that time of day?
9. If you could talk to your favorite author, what would you ask him/her?
10. What favorite bedtime story would you tell your children when you have them/if you already have them?
11. If you had only one book/story/poem in progress to finish before you died, what would it be?